The CulTourE4Youth Project aims to develop a regional paradigm as capacity building initiator in order to:
- increase the knowledge and entrepreneurial culture of young people, to be able to meet market demands and identify business opportunities;
- promote sustainable coastal tourism practices to develop new products, services and processes for sustainable cultural tourism;
- motivate employers, educational institutions, policy makers and civil society, and facilitate synergies among them, to support youth entrepreneurship with concrete actions.
The activity engages with young people (18-30y.o.), government agencies, business operators and training institutions in coastal communities in the geographical area of Türkiye, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, by means of analysis and consultation activities.
Description of activities
1) Preliminary (desk-based) analysis that also steps on an online questionnaire.
2) Consultations with national and regional stakeholders through local and regional workshops in Mersin (Turkey) and Batumi (Georgia).
3) Publication of a final analysis and a set of recommendations, incl. suggesting a list of possible follow-up actions.
- ICBSS - International Centre for Black Sea Studies
- CPMR - Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe
- METU - Middle East Technical University
January 2021 – December 2022
Presented at the Final Conference: "Strengthening the project implementation capacity, dialogue and cooperation in the Black Sea Region" (23 November 2022, Athens)
The Project is co-funded by the European Commission under Grant Contract ENI/2020/421-957.