The H2020-funded FORCOAST aims to bring the coastal water quality and met-ocean information closer to the target users in the Wild Fishery, Bivalve Aquaculture and Oysterground Restoration sectors since the information products and services are being co-designed with stakeholders, thereby ensuring that these products and services are tailored to meet their needs. FORCOAST is developing, testing and demonstrating novel operational Copernicus-based downstream information services by incorporating Copernicus Marine, Land and Climate Services Products, local monitoring data and advanced modelling in the service. The provided services will initially be applied in eight pilot sites covering five different regional waters (i.e. North Sea, Baltic Sea, Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea and the coastal Atlantic Ocean). The outcome of FORCOAST is a novel commercial service platform that will provide Copernicus-based downstream information coastal services to a variety of stakeholders.
As part of the FORCOAST Project, the General Assembly “Users Day” will take place on 11th February 2021, 10:00 – 12:30 CET. You are invited to attend the entirety of this online meeting as we believe your organisation can have interest in the information services being developed at FORCOAST. In this session, the services that are being developed will be presented. These services aim to provide marine information to the user, and are:
· Operational Scheduler: informing on operation windows based on the ocean state.
· Harmful Substances Outbreak: assessing the effect of pollutant discharge at farming sites.
· Prospection for New Sites: identifying suitable new sites for bivalve aquaculture.
· Assistance for Spat Captures: providing estimates of spat arrival times.
· Marine Conditions at Farming Sites: informing on environmental variables at farming sites.
· Retrieve Source of Contaminants: tracking down pollution sources affecting farming sites.
· Suitable Fishing Area: identifying favourable areas for fishing.
· Front Detection: mapping chlorophyll and temperature ocean fronts.
These services are under development and will be adapting to stakeholders necessities, including yours. For that purpose, user feedback will be asked during the session about interest on each of the services, potential improvements based on user needs and the willingness to acquire FORCOAST products. Throughout the session, there will be many opportunities to give your opinion on the presented services and overall products, as well as discussing interactively proposed aspects by the present stakeholders. Your feedback will be extremely valuable as it will be giving shape to the information services FORCOAST will be providing, adapting the products to your necessities.
For more information, please consult the FORCOAST Project website and do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
FORCOAST General Assembly Day 2: “Users Day” (10:00 – 12:30 CET)
Thu, Feb 11, 2021 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM (CET)